The 11/11 Veteran Project
The mission of Colin Garrett’s 11/11 Veteran Project is to help improve veterans’ access to resources that support healthy, happy lives.
We believe the best way to help combat suicide is through a holistic approach that helps improve lives financially, mentally, and physically. We also support programs that work with military families, not just veterans.
Partnering with nonprofits The Rosie Network and Racing for Heroes, Colin amplifies their causes with his national platform and works alongside them to increase awareness of their programs. The promotional value donated to the organizations since January 2019 is over $3M. He also partners with veteran-owned small business Veterans Grow America to promote veteran owned businesses.
Colin’s disruptive campaign to combat veteran suicide has already made NASCAR history.
- first crowdfunded Xfinity Series car
- first to pay for stem cell treatments for a veteran (treating MS caused by exposure to chemicals while on Active Duty)
- first to let micro businesses be part of a national NASCAR marketing campaign
- first Black-owned, Service Disabled Veteran-owned NASCAR sponsor
- first Braille paint scheme and blind-owned sponsor
If your company joins the movement, we’ll help you develop a cause marketing campaign that actually provides an ROI. Our team of experts has decades of entrepreneurial experience and is ready to help you reach your goals. Everyone wins!
The mission is personal for Colin, his family, and his team.
- Both of his older brothers are Active Duty Army, making them a Double Blue Star Family.
- Colin often trains Active Duty service members in Tactical Mobility with RFH Tactical Mobility, the for-profit arm of Racing For Heroes.
- His marketing strategist, Lisa Kipps-Brown, is a military spouse whose husband retired from the Navy with 26 years of service. Her grandfather killed himself when she was 5 and her grandmother tried to 3 years later.
Improving lives holistically
Racing For Heroes provides free services for mental and physical health, job training and placement, and motorsports therapy.
The Rosie Network provides free entrepreneur training and mentoring for veterans and military spouses.
Veterans Grow America helps entrepreneurs who are verified veterans, military spouses, National Guard or Reserves grow their business through national events like business expos and popup shops.
Lisa Kipps-Brown promotes military entrepreneurs in many ways. 8 of the 50 entrepreneurs featured in her latest book, Disrupt Your Now, are veterans. She also frequently has veteran and milspouse entrepreneurs and nonprofit founders on her Disrupt Your Now live streamed show.